THIRA & SPR SERVICES
Geospiza will ensure your THIRA and SPR are on time, on budget, and actionable.
Geospiza’s secure, web-based platform and expert services facilitate easy updates, progress tracking, and reduced costs and burden of future reporting.
Geospiza’s services and software tools help emergency managers understand threats, hazards, and risks using a data-driven, evidence-based approach that yields comprehensive outcomes. Our threat and hazard risk identification and assessment process isn’t just CPG 201 v3 compliant, but it also yields products that serve as a valuable foundation for the full cycle of emergency management activities from capability development to resource prioritization to effective response strategies.
Whether you’re creating your first THIRA or building from a previous assessment, Geospiza can help you quickly and efficiently meet your reporting mandates, while further reducing risk, enhancing resilience, and strengthening your community.
1: Identify Threats & Hazards
2: Give Threats & Hazards Context
Combine deep emergency management experience, scenario modeling and forecasting, subject matter expertise, and existing literature. Deploy a standardized, evidence-based process for selection.
- Previous THIRA/HIRA, if they exist
- Hazard mitigation plans
- Historic events
- Probabilistic models
- Published literature
- Subject matter experts
Describe the potential community consequences and challenges to capability requirements using standardized impact language and supporting materials including data tables and maps. Geospiza’s comprehensive community vulnerability mapping provides rich context and deep understanding of vulnerability and resilience.
- Historic impacts
- After action reporting
- Projections of time, seasons, locations, and other mitigating factors
- Models and simulations
- Data models and consequence projection systems
3: Establish Capability Targets
Quantify the desired capability level to address the threats and hazards using a quantitative approach.
- Capabilities described in standardized target language
- Critical tasks generated using both expert guidance and the data underlying threats and hazards
- Impacts, objectives, timeframes linked to capability targets and resource requirements
- Likely and maximum capability estimates and resource linkages
4: Action Oriented Deliverables
Provide all deliverables via multiple methods and, thereby, increase efficiency, utility, and the use of products in future work.
- Input into the MAX Unified Reporting Tool
- Maintained within a secure, web-based platform to facilitate easy up dates, progress tracking, and reducing the cost and burden of future reporting
- Real time events generate alerts to review and, if applicable, update elements